Greetings from Lutherhill Ministries,
We are incredibly grateful for your words of encouragement and faithful support of Lutherhill. Your generosity is inspiring. Over the past several weeks, Lutherhill’s staff and Board of Directors have spent countless hours consulting the advice of medical professionals, public health officials, camp experts, camper parents and ministry leaders. Together we sought to determine the best way to safely operate camp this summer.
We continue to utilize these three principles to guide our decisions:
– We value the health and safety of our campers and staff and intend to keep public health at the forefront of all our decision making.
– We are grateful for the donors and camper families that have invested in Lutherhill and Zion, and we aim to wisely steward this investment in all circumstances.
– It is our great joy to offer meaningful experiences of hospitality, community, holy spaces and the love of Christ – in the past, at present and in the future.
We are over-joyed to share some good news. Lutherhill will open for summer camp July 5th!
Camp this summer will look a little different. While the core of camp will remain the same, we have made adjustments to ensure the health and safety of our campers. Based on the guidelines from the State of Texas and American Camp Association, we have:
– Adjusted the number of campers per session,
– Enhanced health screenings for campers and staff
– And Enhanced cleaning procedures and food service practices.
More details will be posted to our website soon.
With these changes we have created a modified schedule with four weeks of camp July 5 – July 31, 2020. To rebuild our summer, we must unregister all campers from existing programs and re-open registration. Campers that were previously registered will have first priority, before registration opens to the public. Detailed information will be sent via email to previously registered camper families.
We understand that this creates an extra step in the process for coming to camp this summer. And we know the registration process isn’t the most joy-filled part of camp. We went through multiple scenarios of how to rebuild camp in a safe, fair way – and our committed staff agree that this is the best solution. Thank you for your patience and commitment as we navigate our way through this new situation together.
As we receive questions from all of you, we will continue to update the FAQ section on our website. You can find it here: OPENING CAMP SAFELY FAQs .
Hope has been our anchor throughout the pandemic. The hope that calls for life from the emptiness, the hope that looks for resurrection. Hope that the joy and life that usually erupts from the hill and the beach – will be restored. Hope has arrived!
We hope you will come join us for BEST.SUMMER.EVER!
Matt Kindsvatter, Executive Director
Ed Spaulding, President – Lutherhill Board of Directors