What is the latest on Health & Safety Practices in regards to COVID-19 for Summer 2021?
We are so excited to welcome happy campers back to the hill and the beach this summer. Lutherhill’s leadership has determined that we can safely open camp for the summer of 2021 with the the procedural enhancements in place outlined HERE (updated as of 5.15.21!).
Highlight video of the protocols HERE.
And, while campers will do most everything at camp without a face covering with summer, there are a couple of situations where it will be required. Check out the video that explains everything you need to know HERE.
We are so grateful that you trust us to be part of your child’s faith formation.
What happens if my camper should need Emergency Medical Treatment?
Should your camper need to visit a doctor’s office or hospital while attending camp, we will make sure they receive the proper treatment and notify you immediately. Any co-payments incurred during their stay will be billed to you.
What if my camper takes medication?
We have a trained Health Care Manager onsite 24 hours a day to take care of any medical needs your child may have. All medications will be turned into our Health Care Manager at registration. Please leave all medication in its original container and put it in a zip-lock bag with your camper’s name on it. The Health Care Manager will distribute medication when needed, per your instructions, to your camper. We have a fully stocked Health Center with routine over-the-counter medications.
Can I pick my camper up during the week for other activities?
We discourage parents from taking campers away from camp programs during the week. Campers miss fun activities and their absence affects the quality of camp for them, their friends, and cabin mates. All visitors MUST check-in at the camp office.
- How do I view pictures of camp during the week?
- How can I prevent home sickness?
How can I communicate with my camper at camp?
There are three ways you can keep in touch with your camper.
2) You can send mail during the week to: Camper Name, Lutherhill, PO Box 99, La Grange, TX 78945 Mail will be held for 24 hours before distribution. We recommend ensuring mail arrives by Wednesday so your camper gets it in time.
3) Bring camper mail to registration and drop-off in the designated area. Make sure your Camper Name, Cabin Number and Delivery Day are clearly marked on each piece of mail.(You’ll learn the cabin number at Sunday registration.)
What is BUNK1?
Lutherhill’s online mail and photo application! With Bunk 1, you can view photos online for free and buy credits to send emails to
your camper. Here’s how to get setup:
Click here to go to Bunk1!
Click “Register Now”.
Enter the pre-approved Passcode that you will receive in your camper packet before camp.
Once registered, sign in and click on Photo Gallery, Image Folder.
When will campers receive mail?
We will print emails from Bunk1 Monday through Friday at 10 a.m. and the campers will receive the message at lunch that day.You will only receive a Reply from your child once he/she writes the note on the Bunk Reply stationary and turns it in to the camp office. Some campers will not write a response immediately and some may not write at all. Please be patient. Bunk1 offers an option to purchase Bunk Reply stationary once you register.
Where will the offering from closing worship go this summer?
For Summer 2021, our offering will be shared with Upbring Children’s Center. The Children’s Center is a residential program for girls who have experienced abuse and neglect. Your gifts will fund spiritual care activities. You may drop-off offering during registration or look for ways to give remotely throughout the week!
How can my camper purchase items at the camp store?
Campers have the chance to visit the camp store during the week. Items range in price from $2 for stickers, $15 for shirts and up to $30 for select items. Items from our canteen (sodas, candy and snacks) are included in your registration fee, no need to send extra money for this! This year, all camp store money will be submitted online through our registration system. You may do this anytime before 10am on the Monday of your camper’s week. We will not collect cash during Sunday registration or mid-week.
You may also use our online storefront to pre-order items to be picked-up on Sunday or delivered to your camper during the week. The store will not be open on Friday during pick-up.
What will happen to my deposit/registration if Summer Camp 2021 is unable to happen?
Lutherhill Ministries offers Worry-Free Registration! We have learned a lot from the pandemic and we are using the best practices to plan for the future. If Lutherhill Leadership determines that summer camp poses a health risk to our camper families and staff and opts to cancel, you will be eligible for a full refund including your initial $100 deposit.
What time is drop-off and pick-up for Summer Camp?
What should my camper pack for summer camp at Lutherhill?
Camper Packing List
• Camper Health History Form – found in Camper Packet emailed from Lutherhill
• Release Form – found in Camper Packet emailed from Lutherhill
• Bible, notebook, pen
• Sleeping bag or Twin sheets, light blanket
• T-shirts, shorts, socks, etc.
• Sunscreen and insect repellant
• Swimsuit, modesty please, one-piece encouraged
• Bath towel and pool towel
• Toiletries (soap, shampoo, etc.)
• Flashlight or headlamp
• Closed-toe athletic shoes
• Open-toe shoes with sturdy sole and back-strap
• 2-3, two-layer face coverings
Things that are nice to have…
• Light weight jacket
• Rain gear
• Camera (not a cell phone)
• Stationary & stamps
Items that are not allowed…
• Cell phones
• Electronic devices
• Knives or weapons
• Personal sports equipment
• Gum, candy or snacks
• Tobacco, drugs or alcohol
• Clothing that displays inappropriate messages or supports tobacco, drug or alcohol culture
• Clothing that is overly revealing